National Association of Latvian shipbrokers & Shipping Agents was founded on 8th August 1994.
- Introduction and implementation of minimum standards for Latvian shipping agents based on recommendations of United Nations Conference on Trade and Development-UNCTAD;
- Co-operation with Latvian port authorities;
- The evaluation of professional skills and requirements for shipping agents with the intention to secure sufficiently high professional level of their services rendered to the shipowners/charterers;
- Co-operation with international and national organizations on matters concerning the trade policy of the shipping agency industry;
- Protection of professional interests on national level;
- Distribution of information related to shipping agency business.